Home » Community » General Discussion » New at this
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New at this [message #33979] Thu, 08 September 2011 00:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar 6axlepwr  is currently offline 6axlepwr
Go to all my models
Tonight I uploaded a .zip file of my design. I do not see it in my account anywhere.

What did I do wrong?

I was logged in, I clicked on upload file, I answered all the questions and the file was uploaded. After that I went to my account and there is nothing.

???????????????

Is uploading your file the way you get Shapeways to give you a quote or do I need to send it to their sales department of something like that? I do not see any get a quote links.

Sorry for this lame question, but I am anxious to get something started. I have spent a long time designing, now I want to see it produced.

Thanks.

Brian
Re: New at this [message #33980 is a reply to message #33979 ] Thu, 08 September 2011 00:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
It takes a while - up to an hour or longer sometimes to show up under "My Designs". Has it been that long yet?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2011 00:32 UTC]

Trouble using SketchUp? Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp" - http://bit.ly/1jQ4RtV
Re: New at this [message #33988 is a reply to message #33979 ] Thu, 08 September 2011 07:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi 6axlepwr,

Welcome to Shapeways! Smile

Check your inbox, you will get two emails, the first 'Thanks for uploading a model' and the second will either be 'Your model xxx is now available' or 'There's a problem with your model'

At busy times, and/or with complex high poly count models the wait can be as much as 2 hours before the second email.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Re: New at this [message #33996 is a reply to message #33988 ] Thu, 08 September 2011 10:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
If you still have nothing, you can check you SPAM box, and if still nothing, check if the e-mail address your entered in the website is correct.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: New at this [message #34070 is a reply to message #33996 ] Fri, 09 September 2011 13:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar 6axlepwr  is currently offline 6axlepwr
Go to all my models
Thanks all for the replies and information.

I was justa bit impatient and now understand how this works. From what I gather, the part goes through a check to make sure it is buildable before it shows up in my account.

My part showed about 10 minutes after I uploaded it.

Again, thanks.

Brian

Previous Topic:This looks familiar
Next Topic:Rock'n'Roll

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.