Home » Community » It arrived! » Tyre tread ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tyre tread ring [message #33758] Sun, 04 September 2011 07:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
My first order from shapeways.. very happy with detail and quality:)
the ring was designed for a friends wedding, based on the tyre tread on his mountain bike.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10872&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=10873&private=0

Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33759 is a reply to message #33758 ] Sun, 04 September 2011 10:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Spongeinside  is currently offline Spongeinside
Go to my shop
Looks really cool Very Happy will you be doing other tread designs aswell?

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2011 10:46 UTC]

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33792 is a reply to message #33759 ] Mon, 05 September 2011 05:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thanks Sponge.

I hadn't originally planned on doing more, but since it turned out so well think i might do another couple. im sure the others will be a lot quicker and easier now i have sussed it:)
Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33822 is a reply to message #33792 ] Tue, 06 September 2011 03:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Looks great,

If you make the photograph the default image on your product page we can promote it a little, I am sure there are some potential customers.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33833 is a reply to message #33822 ] Tue, 06 September 2011 09:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thanks Duann.

I promised my friend that I wouldn't allow others to purchase the ring so it feels a bit more special to him (as he is using for his wedding ring), so its not so important to promote it at this stage. though i am planning on making some others for general sale and i will would be happy for them to be promoted:)

thanks for the feedback.

ps. I'm not sure how to make it the default image, I'm using firefox and didn't see any options on the products page.

leo.
Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33858 is a reply to message #33758 ] Tue, 06 September 2011 15:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Very cool project! Smile

You can change the default picture with the droplist at the right of the page.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Tyre tread ring [message #33877 is a reply to message #33758 ] Tue, 06 September 2011 19:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
came out nicely, thanks for sharing! a series would be cool, covering a range of bike tires, cyclo-cross to downhill mtn to cruiser.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign

Previous Topic:Shoe burger!
Next Topic:Mugring