Home » Community » General Discussion » material that would last in swimming pool water?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
material that would last in swimming pool water? [message #33675] Fri, 02 September 2011 03:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar poolguy  is currently offline poolguy
Go to all my models
I am looking for which material to use that would last in swimming pool water? Always underwater and exposed to chemicals and UV. What can you recommend as the correct material that I should be looking at?

Re: material that would last in swimming pool water? [message #33680 is a reply to message #33675 ] Fri, 02 September 2011 07:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff is currently online stop4stuff
Go to my shop
White, Strong and Flexible(WSF) is probably your best choice. Note that WSF is porous and will discolour over time, but a UV resisant coating would seal & protect. There's a Nylon chemical resistance chart here, but you might find more specific information by searching for Nylon 12.

Paul

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 07:30 UTC]

Re: material that would last in swimming pool water? [message #33703 is a reply to message #33680 ] Fri, 02 September 2011 15:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
Also the Stainless steel material is bronze infused so is quite similar in composition to marine grade stainless and should last indefinitely underwater with zero issues regarding UV.

Leigh

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most

Previous Topic:FUD Delays
Next Topic:draft prints

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.