Home » Community » Introductions » Rhino 3D designer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rhino 3D designer [message #33611] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar billy57  is currently offline billy57
Go to my shop
Another new member of the forum, just saying hi - I've worked for quite a few years in Rhino 3D, though mainly for visualisation (http://www.blackswan.dk). Now I'm eager to try 3D printing.

I have a wide range of interests, including model trains and trams (streetcars), architecture and jewellery.

I've just uploaded my first product, a narrow-gauge goods wagon, which I've produced for some Scottish fans of narrow gauge:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/blackswan

Hopefully I will be uploading some tram models (modern and veteran) soon, and then, who knows, perhaps even a steam locomotive.

Billy

Billy
Re: Rhino 3D designer [message #33612 is a reply to message #33611 ] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome, I would like to see the melting globe printed in transparent or FUD. Or even a small one in silver. Would make an interesting trinket.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Rhino 3D designer [message #33613 is a reply to message #33612 ] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Not a bad idea at all. Smile Does SW have a suitable transparent material?

Billy
Re: Rhino 3D designer [message #33614 is a reply to message #33611 ] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Transparent detail is a little yellow, FUD (Frosted ultra detail) is more a white clear, as long as the support material issue has been resolved (from what I've seen so far it hasn't been fully resolved)

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Rhino 3D designer [message #33629 is a reply to message #33614 ] Wed, 31 August 2011 20:01 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks youknowwho4eva!

Billy

Previous Topic:Greetings from Cologne
Next Topic:Hello All!