Home » Community » It arrived! » New arrivals and a Challenge to all
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New arrivals and a Challenge to all [message #33385] Fri, 26 August 2011 16:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
Got 2 models in the other day

First model is one of my customizable badge style pet tags/key fobs
index.php?t=getfile&id=10761&private=0

This model was based on a fairly popular badge design used about 100 years ago. This one was customised as a key-fob

The other model was one of my .45 caliber bullet pet tags, modeled to the actual dimensions of the round.
index.php?t=getfile&id=10762&private=0

There was a little bit more stepping on the front than I was expecting but it could easily be polished out.

Overall I was really happy with how it turned out. Even the text for the headstamp of the cartridge turned out well. I'll have to make the outline of the primer a little deeper though as it looks like it was removed when the sprue was polished off. I think it would be neat to order one in gold plating and polish it off of the bullet portion to give it an even more realistic two-tone effect.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10763&private=0

Like many of you guys with shops, I find I can design many more items faster than I can afford to order them. Because of that I'd like to offer a refund of my markup to the first person who orders any design of mine and is willing to send me a good quality photo or two to show on my page. I'll be able to contact anyone who places an order through a co-creator through Shapeway's private messaging, but anyone who is interested in ordering any models not needing customization will have to contact me as Shapeways does not let me know the identity of those customers.

So, I challenge the rest of you to do the same. Offer a bit of a discount to the first customer to order an item you haven't made a test print of or have a picture of. The pictures will help to generate more sales and tweak your models, and the first customer should get a bit of a reward for taking a chance on a new model. What do you guys think?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2011 01:54 UTC]

Re: New arrivals and a Challenge to all [message #33387 is a reply to message #33385 ] Fri, 26 August 2011 17:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I already only have a 10 cent markup on all my items Rolling Eyes . I like the badge one!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New arrivals and a Challenge to all [message #33388 is a reply to message #33385 ] Fri, 26 August 2011 17:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
This is a good idea. I have basically been doing a similar thing by simply having low or no markup on un-printed items, and by clearly mentioning in the description that it has not yet been printed. That way the customer knows they are buying an untested design, and are basically getting a discount for product testing.

The main difference is I don't get the picture. Photo quality is going to be hit-and-miss, but I'd be interested to hear how this works out.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog

Previous Topic:Steampunk Stamps in silver and bronze
Next Topic:Krystian's Twist by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.