Home » Community » Work in progress » NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #33291] Thu, 25 August 2011 10:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar electrobloom  is currently offline electrobloom
Go to my shop
Hi,
I've been working on a customisable jewellery collection.

To expand the collection I've been developing a chain that snaps together which the same charms can also fit onto. The first proto arrived the other day and generally I'm pleased. Smile Needs some minor adjustments but it's getting there!

I'm also trying to think of a way that each single link (the S hook) could also be used as a bail for a pendent necklace! Any ideas?

5 links form a bracelet, Here's a picture.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10745&private=0

Thanks, Mark.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2011 15:39 UTC]

The Digital Gardener. Balancing technology and nature. Planting digital flowers. Manufactured by 3D printing. Customized by you.
Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #33299 is a reply to message #33291 ] Thu, 25 August 2011 12:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
Hey Mark,
I like the look of this and the concept. Clipping things on using sprung clasp's has worked well for me in WSF. I have used sprung style clasp's in a few different configurations with great success. I would think connecting the charms in this manor is the way to go. Looks like your already heading in that direction? Also I love your presentation/Photography. Looking forward to seeing more. Take care.

Leigh

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most
Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #33498 is a reply to message #33299 ] Mon, 29 August 2011 12:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Leigh for the advice and compliments, it's much appreciated, especially as I also really like the work you're doing. You have a fantastic collection, I love them all!

WSF is a great material and I've been re-working the link to make it finer and snappier, I'll upload new pictures soon.

Mark.

The Digital Gardener. Balancing technology and nature. Planting digital flowers. Manufactured by 3D printing. Customized by you.
Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #33615 is a reply to message #33498 ] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I think I've finally got somewhere with the chain link!
index.php?t=getfile&id=10850&private=0
Tolerances are probably at the minimum for WSF, only way to find out for sure is to get some test prints done, here goes!
Mark.

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples) [message #36276 is a reply to message #33615 ] Sun, 09 October 2011 21:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi,

The new chain link samples arrived and they work! Each link connects together nicely to form a chain and the charms fix easily onto each link.

This is going to give so many more customizable options!

index.php?t=getfile&id=11365&private=0

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples) [message #36771 is a reply to message #36276 ] Mon, 17 October 2011 11:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
This is how the new link also works as a bail, allowing the charms to be worn as a pendant on any chain! The flower is also new, Anna is available here.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11446&private=0

Thanks, Mark.

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples/COMPLETE) [message #39732 is a reply to message #36771 ] Fri, 02 December 2011 11:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi,
Well I've just received a box of new samples Surprised which included the revised snap chain links x6.

The last version didn't quite have the spring I wanted so I made some tiny (tiny) adjustments to get it just right.

I'm now pleased with the result, the links snap together nicely and the charms feel secure when attached. Shown below with a new charm 'Judy'.

index.php?t=getfile&id=12435&private=0

Let me know what you think.

Mark.

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples/COMPLETE) [message #39916 is a reply to message #39732 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 10:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Wow very nice!

Is very lovely, nice the combination with the chain and the flowers, you can know play with colours combinations!

Good job!! Razz

Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples/COMPLETE) [message #39934 is a reply to message #39916 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 18:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
The way the ornate flower and the more industrial looking chain go together is fascinating.

Exciting watching this evolve! Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (new samples/COMPLETE) [message #40412 is a reply to message #39916 ] Sat, 17 December 2011 11:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Ana & Dario,
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Combining different colours will really make each piece distinct and I'll be doing more visuals to show the possibilities.

Simply adding new charms and components helps the collection evolve exponentially, so many options!

I've also been working on new photos of the rings. Here's one of Rachel in indigo

index.php?t=getfile&id=12776&private=0

Happy holidays! Very Happy

Mark.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2011 11:13 UTC]

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #40475 is a reply to message #33291 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 15:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gloriashern  is currently offline gloriashern
Go to all my models
Looks really an amazing designs that are. Do you have some more attractive designs??
Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS [message #40483 is a reply to message #40475 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 18:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for your comment, the full collection can be found here. Hopefully you'll find something you like. Smile
Mark.

Re: NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS (final!) [message #42429 is a reply to message #40483 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 14:22 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hi,
I received a new box of samples,(always exciting!) including the Snap Chain bracelet in Black Strong & Flexible which now works and looks great, ready for sale!

The charms snap securely and simply onto any link in the chain, you could add a different charm onto every link!

index.php?t=getfile&id=13691&private=0

It's now available in my shop, with or without a charm.

The 2 versions are here:
Snap chain Bracelet.
Snap Chain Bracelet featuring Anna.

2 bracelets connected together make a fantastic short necklace and a single link also works as a bail so you can hang one of the charms from any chain necklace you may have.

So many options, I've yet to play with different colours to make multi coloured chains!

Until next time, enjoy, Smile

Mark.

Previous Topic:WSF Boris on a bike with moving legs. Any thoughts?
Next Topic:A Magic Mushroom