Home » Support » 3D Design » Wall thickness
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Wall thickness [message #32850] Wed, 17 August 2011 15:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar Camazine  is currently offline Camazine
Go to my shop
I have had a few of my designs fail in the printing process because there were areas where the walls were too thin. I have seen a few posts showing images of wall thickness measurements.

What software programs allow you to measure wall thickness? (I have downloaded the free versions of MeshLab and Netfabb, but have not been able to figure out how to measure wall thickness with them).

An example file and image are attached. It looks as if this object is very thin.

Thanks

Re: Wall thickness [message #32896 is a reply to message #32850 ] Thu, 18 August 2011 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
Hi you can dowload the free version of netfabb to check your models
Netfabb download

Your model has several intersecting surfaces that are joined together where the lines indicate.

• Attachment: prntscrn.jpg
    (Size: 373.19KB, Downloaded 57 time(s))

Re: Wall thickness [message #32901 is a reply to message #32896 ] Thu, 18 August 2011 16:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks so much. I had already downloaded Netfabb to my macintosh computer, but the program seemed to crash every time I tried to do a measurement. I will have to try downloading it again. I assume you are working on a Windows computer?
Re: Wall thickness [message #33128 is a reply to message #32901 ] Tue, 23 August 2011 09:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
If you use windows, this is also a very easy program to check wallthickness.
http://www.click-to-fit.de/easyfit.php?PHPSESSID=bjtypavjk&a mp;lang=en

unfortunately i do not see a mac version Sad

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Wall thickness [message #33137 is a reply to message #33128 ] Tue, 23 August 2011 10:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks so much Mitchell for pointing out that EasyFit program. I have access to a Windows machine so I will give it a try.

Best,

scott
Re: Wall thickness [message #33146 is a reply to message #33137 ] Tue, 23 August 2011 13:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Good luck!

let us know if you can't get it to work!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways

Previous Topic:sizing issue , with flyaway parts
Next Topic:I made a 3d design in c4d but can't upload it

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.