Home » Community » Work in progress » First attempt at 3D
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
First attempt at 3D [message #32809] Tue, 16 August 2011 20:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar Morhighan  is currently offline Morhighan
Go to all my models
Hey there!
Generally I'm an illustrator--that is, 2D only. For some reason 3D art and my brain don't click.
But today I forced myself to sit down and attempt a 3D model (for fun) on googlesketchup.

Here's what I attempted to model: http://wallbot.net/viewer_full.php?id=2169

And I attached my version to the post.

Feedback? (Concrit, please.)

Thank you!

index.php?t=getfile&id=10599&private=0
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx203/YuiKashihara/gladoscamera2.png

Ball jointed doll enthusiast.
Re: First attempt at 3D [message #32810 is a reply to message #32809 ] Tue, 16 August 2011 20:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Appears your link doesn't work, it "looks" good, but it also appears there may be some issues with the model. Hard to tell from an image, but around the center eye thing looks odd.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: First attempt at 3D [message #32817 is a reply to message #32809 ] Tue, 16 August 2011 21:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Looks pretty good so far; it's a great first attempt. I can also see an odd thing around the lens, but only on one photo, so I'm not sure if it's a gap in the mesh or just an extraneous line or two, but either way it should be easily fixable.

I'm glad you made me do a Google for "GlaDOS camera" - one of the things it turned up was a Portal/My Little Pony fanfic (bookmarked for later perusal)! Laughing

Previous Topic:tyre track ring
Next Topic:15mm Gaming Miniatures in Colour Sandstone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.