Home »  » Introductions » Hello
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello [message #31226] Wed, 20 July 2011 20:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar tessman  is currently offline tessman
Go to my shop
Hi! I just discovered SW recently. I've been designing games for many years now (but haven't really tried selling any yet). I have several abstract game designs that I'd like to make custom parts for. I'd particularly like to use the flexibility of WSF for some snapping/unsnapping parts, if it turns out to be feasible. The only 3D program I've used is POVRay, but I'm starting to learn Blender. I have made a preliminary estimate that my first design may cost around $60-$70 for the whole game, but I'll have to see as things progress. I'll post my preliminary models when I get them together.
Nice to be here!
Larry
Re: Hello [message #31228 is a reply to message #31226 ] Wed, 20 July 2011 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Larry, welcome!

So the orders you placed were in WSF, right? I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when you receive the models in the mail. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hello [message #31258 is a reply to message #31226 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 02:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Ana,

I just have the design on paper and in my head right now. I still have to create the models (no brain to print interface yet? Laughing ), and then I'll order the WSF.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: Hello [message #31315 is a reply to message #31258 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 21:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Quote:

no brain to print interface yet?

All in good time Very Happy

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hello [message #31616 is a reply to message #31315 ] Tue, 26 July 2011 22:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BAROBA  is currently offline BAROBA
Go to my shop
You can ask a pro like me for a qoute via PM.
Saves you a lot of tuime and trouble and gets your product to market or your livingroom years faster.

Cheers,
Rob
Re: Hello [message #32672 is a reply to message #31226 ] Sun, 14 August 2011 17:53 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks, Rob, I'll keep you in mind. It looks like OpenSCAD will work for me, at least for now (it's an easy transition from POV-Ray, as it involves combining basic solids).

Larry

Previous Topic:Greetings from a doll enthusiast
Next Topic:Excited about RP!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.