Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32619] Sat, 13 August 2011 13:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
hi

i'm working with blender..

i have a torus object..
the inner circel should be 7 units wide..

if you do that you get a wall about 2units wide.

how do i strink the torus wall from 2 to 0,7 unit with out changing the inner circle that has 7 units wide..

with scale i scale the hole object. if i select the faces i still scale the hole object..

gr.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32633 is a reply to message #32619 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 18:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
If you press "Alt+S" in edit mode it blows up and shrinks the mesh.
if you use that and regulars scaling you´ll brobably get satisfying results. (remember to recalculate normals before alt scaling)

You can also edit the torus parameters when creating the torus in the toolbar on the left.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32634 is a reply to message #32633 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
HI

yes that was i looking for. thx for that

what do you mean with this?
"remember to recalculate normals before alt scaling"

gr.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32635 is a reply to message #32619 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
sometimes the normals are not correctly oriented when a mesh is automatically generated, using "alt+s" then makes the mesh scale in an explosive manner all over the place, since it is uses the face normals as a scale direction. =)

ctrl+n recalcs the normals

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2011 19:14 UTC]

Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32636 is a reply to message #32635 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
hi

a oke..

well i traid wit cntrl+n scaling and with out scaling..
it does do something diffrent.. but i don't what it does.. i see it happing but still Razz

gr.

Previous Topic:Extra and Missing Parts?
Next Topic:Creating balljoints in SketchUp

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.