Home »  » Introductions » Howdy SW!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Howdy SW! [message #32611] Sat, 13 August 2011 00:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bren926  is currently offline Bren926
Go to my shop
Hi everyone! You might know me from, well a lot of things, but I've decided to start (or at least try) making LEGO minifig accessories! I've really no clue how to do it, though. I use Google Sketchup, but I'm not sure what sizes to use. Could someone please give some pointers on Minifig stuff?
Re: Howdy SW! [message #32612 is a reply to message #32611 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 00:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Heya, Bren. I got linked to this pic a while back; you'll have to zoom in somewhat to see it properly, but it's got most of the key dimensions on it. Good luck with your gubbinz! Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=10505&private=0

Re: Howdy SW! [message #32613 is a reply to message #32612 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 01:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bren926  is currently offline Bren926
Go to my shop
Wow! How perfect! I only have one very noobish question, what the unit of measurement I should use?
Re: Howdy SW! [message #32614 is a reply to message #32613 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 01:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Pleasure, bud. The measurements are all in millimetres.

Actually, I've found another one that may come in useful, too. This one covers most of the external dimensions of a minifig. Some of the measurements seem fractionally different to the patent picture, but only by hundredths of a millimetre.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10506&private=0

EDIT: Actually, it's just occurred to me that some of the measurements on the patent picture (the first one) are measured in "P", which would be the height of one LEGO flat plate (1/3 of a brick).

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2011 10:36 UTC]

Re: Howdy SW! [message #32879 is a reply to message #32614 ] Wed, 17 August 2011 22:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@Bren welcome!

@Drawn-Steel Hero that is seriously useful. Thanks. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Excited about RP!
Next Topic:Mechanical designer new to Shapeways!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.