Home » Community » It arrived! » Crystal Earring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Crystal Earring [message #32493] Thu, 11 August 2011 10:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
Hi!
Here´s the pictures of my Crystal Earring I recieved few weeks ago. It´s a continuance to my Crystal Ring.
It´s 3,2cm tall and 0,5cm thick on the end of the largest cystal. I made the crystal as stretched cone shape wich gives it a nice depth effect.

I´ll post photos of it in action when I get the chance.

here´s some nature themed pics.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10480&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=10481&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=10482&private=0

Re: Crystal Earring [message #32497 is a reply to message #32493 ] Thu, 11 August 2011 12:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdeaver  is currently offline bdeaver
Go to my shop
That looks great! I can see the cone influence in the design. It would probably look nice in one of the glass or transparent materials too.

bobd
Re: Crystal Earring [message #32872 is a reply to message #32493 ] Wed, 17 August 2011 19:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
the increased depth effect is very cool, nice design! thanks for sharing.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Crystal Earring [message #32880 is a reply to message #32872 ] Wed, 17 August 2011 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
I agree bdeaver, one of those in enameled black glass would look sick!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Crystal Earring [message #32894 is a reply to message #32493 ] Thu, 18 August 2011 13:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks ! =)

Glass would look good with this, I´ll have to give it a try and since I havent tested the glass material before, this would be prime candidiate for a test. Also FUD would be nice too when dyed or painted with translucent colors.

I was thinking of changing the loophole to more angular one, so it would fit the general theme of the rest of the earring.
Re: Crystal Earring [message #32965 is a reply to message #32493 ] Fri, 19 August 2011 16:52 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Here´s finally the earring in it´s natural habitat. It proved quite an elusive target as it has been really cloudy and raining here for almost a week.

a shorter hook might suite it better, so it would hang closer to the ear.
I´ll see if there are any sold nearhere.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10665&private=0

Previous Topic:Pendant with moving parts
Next Topic:Buddha sculpture in FUD

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.