Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » potential situation
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
potential situation [message #3212] Tue, 03 March 2009 03:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar er1c  is currently offline er1c
Go to my shop
I recently started ordering from other people's Shops... and a potentially sticky situation came up. What happens when a printed object does not match what is described / advertised on the model page?

I'm sure most if not all of us (modellers / sellers) do test prints to refine our models, and make sure they're ok before putting them up for sale in the Shop. But take an example where someone decide to make something available for purchase before actually seeing one printed. The seller can post amazing renderings and describe what the model is intended to do.. but the printed object falls short of the description. What can the buyer do then?

http://er1c3dp.wordpress.com/
Re: potential situation [message #3231 is a reply to message #3212 ] Wed, 04 March 2009 19:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Er1c,

Good question!

With every model also the actual rendering is available. Moreover the customer can view the model in 3D.

But I can certainly imagine that this situation will happen. The customer can complain with Shapeways and we will take care of it. Solution can either be a refund for the customer, asking the designer to make a better model and/or take the model from the shop. There is no strict policy in place.

Best regards,

Robert

Previous Topic:Deleting unwanted items
Next Topic:Feature requests, ideas, suggestions for the future