Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Glue? [message #32020] Wed, 03 August 2011 15:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Yort  is currently offline Yort
Go to all my models
I need to bond some plastic pieces to a frosted detail (acrylic) printed model. I also need to bond two frosted detail and ultra detail model's together. I know the obvious choice is to try super glue, but I have never had much success with CA. The bond needs to be rather strong, almost like a weld. I was thinking about trying some industrial strength PVC glue or glue that softens the plastic and literally welds the plastic together.
Does anyone have any experience with glue or can offer some advice, thanks.
Re: Glue? [message #32022 is a reply to message #32020 ] Wed, 03 August 2011 16:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I know if you use Gorilla Glue, and it bonds properly the print will break before the bond does. I think all you'd have to do is rough up the joining surfaces a little with some high grit sand paper.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Glue? [message #32152 is a reply to message #32022 ] Fri, 05 August 2011 20:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rtrmetro  is currently offline rtrmetro
Go to all my models
i recomend UHU glue it gives good results and it dries in seconds but i would be careful in account at the rate that it dries at it can be quite annoying to remove it.
Re: Glue? [message #32741 is a reply to message #32020 ] Mon, 15 August 2011 15:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
This was recommended to me although I haven't yet tried it: E6000

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Thin walls anyone?
Next Topic:What Does the Future Hold for 3D Printing