Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Painting Dice
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Painting Dice [message #31894] Sun, 31 July 2011 17:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar eerie4  is currently offline eerie4
Go to all my models
I got a few dice on here but they pick up dirt and are getting stained, is the a finish or clear coat I can put on them to make it stay white? and dice the one I have are stained what paint do you suggest? as it seems spray paint and others just chip off

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2011 17:05 UTC]

Re: Painting Dice [message #31896 is a reply to message #31894 ] Sun, 31 July 2011 21:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Acrylic paint should do, as those used for miniatures, normally sold in small pots and sometimes requiring some extra water (some brands are like cream or paste if not thinned). WSF drinks paint, so apply multiple coats until it saturates and covers everything. Varnish of the same brands works too, even as base and nost just as finish. Make sure you wash the surface before applying any coat; dust, even finger grease, can reduce adhesion.

Previous Topic:Black Detail Cleaning
Next Topic:outdoors usage

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.