Home »  » General Discussion » Image Popper Not Working?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Image Popper Not Working? [message #31300] Thu, 21 July 2011 15:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Starting late last night, the image popper stopped working for me. It appears to load correctly but I receive absolutely no emails, not even the standard upload one. I gave up last night hoping the problem would be resolved in the morning, but no such luck.

The strange thing is, if I upload images at the default measurement 1" - .11" they'll sometimes upload but if I increase the dimensions in any way, nothing. I've been using the popper without fail all week , any idea what's wrong?

Sorry, I'm not sure which forum category I should post technical bugs in, or is there a department I should email? TIA!
Re: Image Popper Not Working? [message #31305 is a reply to message #31300 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 17:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I've forwarded your message on, they are super busy right now with shows coming up and backlogs, but they should get back to you shortly.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Image Popper Not Working? [message #31306 is a reply to message #31300 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks so much for your help!

I kept waiting for the problem to resolve itself but it never did and I didn't know where to report the bug. I even tried uploading jpegs that I successfully popped before (and have sitting in my designs) and only 1 in about 20 goes through so I think that eliminates something being wrong with my files.
Re: Image Popper Not Working? [message #31307 is a reply to message #31305 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 17:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi cadalu,

you can send this information to service@shapeways.com and we will try to find out what happened. To be able to find out we need the image you used on the image popper that caused the problems.

The situation you describe, we've seen before on a few occasions and usually there went something wrong in the conversion step from the jpg to the STL. Unfortunately we don't have error reporting to the user in this step yet (but we can look it up on the server logs, if we know what image you used). After the conversion step to a STL file the model would be uploaded to our website and processed the normal way. (That's the moment when you receive the emails).

Best,

Barry

Re: Image Popper Not Working? [message #31308 is a reply to message #31300 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 18:07 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your help! I sent the email through and hopefully it will help.

Previous Topic:Shapeways User Meetup: Amsterdam, July 22nd
Next Topic:Now taking questions for the 7.20.11 Shapeways Live

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.