Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #30835] Thu, 14 July 2011 03:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar bryson79  is currently offline bryson79
Go to my shop
Hey There,
Well finally got around to ordering my first jewelry design in silver! I am very very pleased with how the polished finish turned out! What do you think?
This ring represents the first piece of a possible future jewelry collection ,designed to convey the essence of speed. My concern is that this design is too literal-that it does not successfully evoke the feeling of speed? Appreciate any insights or ideas. I will try to most some more pictures soon. index.php?t=getfile&id=9950&private=0

Re: FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #30852 is a reply to message #30835 ] Thu, 14 July 2011 12:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
Ooh. I can see many petrol heads loving that one.
Re: FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #30858 is a reply to message #30835 ] Thu, 14 July 2011 15:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
ah, very cool,

Please post some hi res images.. I think this is a winner.

Duann Scott

Re: FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #30875 is a reply to message #30835 ] Thu, 14 July 2011 22:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Looks good, but yes, too literal. It would be great for gear heads, but it doesn't say "speed" to me.

Perhaps doing a more cartoon looking one with stylized smoke coming out, flames, or something else that makes it feel alive.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #30877 is a reply to message #30875 ] Fri, 15 July 2011 00:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
Wow, this is really nice. Love it!

Leigh

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most
Re: FIRST SILVER PRINT- Essence of Speed [message #31486 is a reply to message #30835 ] Mon, 25 July 2011 17:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Yes, I would agree with Lincoln on this one; does not convey 'Speed' really... but nice design.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Bitcoin ring
Next Topic:Skull ring in all finishes