Home » Community » Feature this!  » Chibi-Devs: Transforming robots on Shapeways (Painted and Complete)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Chibi-Devs: Transforming robots on Shapeways (Painted and Complete) [message #29340] Mon, 20 June 2011 11:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=2933 9&#msg_29339

I really don't know what to say, this is the first time i've printed anything even half worthy of featuring. However, i was really inspired by the blog post on Transforming Robots on Shapeways, and after talking to Duann for a while, i wanted to see just how far i could take Shapeways', where its limits were. I thought i was stretching it, but i guess not. Wink

The big white robot is Chibi-Devs. He is comprised of 6 smaller robots, based on the transformer Devastator ( tfwiki.net/wiki/Devastator_(G1) ). All robots are fully functioning, transforming from robot to vehicle and back, as well as combining with each other to form Chibi-Devs.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9503&private=0

I'm getting more pics up as we speak, my camera is a pain.

I hope you guys at Shapeways might consider featuring this!

• Attachment: Arrival 6.jpg
    (Size: 113.17KB, Downloaded 344 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2011 04:33 UTC]

Re: Chibi-Devs: Transforming robots on Shapeways [message #29353 is a reply to message #29340 ] Mon, 20 June 2011 13:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=9512&private=0

• Attachment: Devs 1.jpg
    (Size: 98.12KB, Downloaded 314 time(s))

Re: Chibi-Devs: Transforming robots on Shapeways [message #29377 is a reply to message #29353 ] Mon, 20 June 2011 22:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Who spilled the awesome sauce again?

Featured item +1

Congrats on getting your model working!
Re: Chibi-Devs: Transforming robots on Shapeways [message #30843 is a reply to message #29377 ] Thu, 14 July 2011 04:35 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Posting because the model is (finally) painted, and i uploaded more pics to the thread linked in the OP, in case anyone wants to feature this again or update the old blog post. Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=9969&private=0

• Attachment: Devs 2.jpg
    (Size: 117.06KB, Downloaded 236 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2011 04:37 UTC]

Previous Topic:Signets
Next Topic:First ring

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.