Home » Community » General Discussion » paypal in euro or dollar
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
paypal in euro or dollar [message #30555] Sun, 10 July 2011 14:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
Not sure if it's dependent on the country you're from, but I always get this choice with my orders: pay with paypal in euro or in dollar? And I really don't know what the difference would be...

I usually choose euro, because, you know, I'm European, and the euro needs love, and it might save my accountant a few minutes of work, but then I think: my earnings are in dollar, right? Does paypal find a way to get some more percentages for the conversion, when I pay in Euro?

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers - Michiel

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2011 14:07 UTC]

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
Re: paypal in euro or dollar [message #30556 is a reply to message #30555 ] Sun, 10 July 2011 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
PayPal currency exchange can tell you directly how much it will cost in your currency. Of course, this isn't free: in my experience, the rates offered are not that great... Currency exchange rates offered by cards issuer are usually better than those used by PayPal (PP wants to earn money on every conversion). At least in my experience.
Even when you pay using your PP balance, I guess the best bet is to try to minimize the number of currency exchange in PayPal.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2011 16:00 UTC]

Re: paypal in euro or dollar [message #30569 is a reply to message #30555 ] Sun, 10 July 2011 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Being in the UK and proudly still using our Great British Pound (GBP), generally I opt for USD payment as the exchange rate is slightly more favourable over the Euro.

Re: paypal in euro or dollar [message #30605 is a reply to message #30556 ] Mon, 11 July 2011 12:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
Thanks guys! I'll study this some more.

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
Re: paypal in euro or dollar [message #30610 is a reply to message #30605 ] Mon, 11 July 2011 13:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to all my models
I think you should probably go with which ever currency you primary PayPal account is in.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2011 13:36 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: paypal in euro or dollar [message #77552 is a reply to message #30610 ] Fri, 25 October 2013 10:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar panoramer2000  is currently offline panoramer2000
Go to all my models
How to choose currency of the my account? It installed to Euro by default, although in my country the currency basis is an USD.

Previous Topic:Has anyone refused delivery from UPS?
Next Topic:Another Halloween Contest!