Home » Community » General Discussion » Shipping from USA to USA
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping from USA to USA [message #30328] Thu, 07 July 2011 03:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
I see on FB you mention that orders in the US will now be cheaper and faster since they will ship from the USA.

Can you explain in more detail?

Does this go for every material? If not, which ones?

I am VERY excited about this. Smile

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30330 is a reply to message #30328 ] Thu, 07 July 2011 04:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Yes, waiting to hear more on this as well! The FB post had a dead link. I was just about to place an order, but I'm interested to hear the details first...

Man, that dead link was torture! Very Happy Is this in place now? What are the details?? Can't wait to hear!!! Very exciting!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30345 is a reply to message #30330 ] Thu, 07 July 2011 10:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Sorry guys for the tease.

Shipping of WSF is now down from 10 days to 8 days, other materials you should notice a reduction too.

At the moment it is cheaper in the US as there is ZERO import duties and UPS fees, this is especially for larger orders that went (randomly) over the customs import threshold.

For you guys now it is designed and manufactured in the USA!!!

We WILL push the prices per cm3 down as soon as we can.

My personal apologies for the confusion

Thanks

Duann Scott

icon14.gif  Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30372 is a reply to message #30345 ] Thu, 07 July 2011 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Great news!

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30386 is a reply to message #30328 ] Thu, 07 July 2011 16:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
This is beyond exciting, thank you shapeways!!!

Any chance you can offer additional shipping methods in the future, 3day, 2day, overnight?
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30621 is a reply to message #30386 ] Mon, 11 July 2011 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@cadalu Even though we can't implement it immediately, you can bet we're thinking about it. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30627 is a reply to message #30621 ] Mon, 11 July 2011 15:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
Just what i wanted to hear ana Smile

Well except for the fact that you can't implement yet. Next week then??

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30684 is a reply to message #30328 ] Tue, 12 July 2011 08:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Plasticdreaming  is currently offline Plasticdreaming
Go to all my models
Are there any plans for a Canadian distribution center or will those members just over the US border see a cost reduction in any way?

Luckily ill benefit either way Smile
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #30725 is a reply to message #30684 ] Tue, 12 July 2011 17:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
actually if they ship ups ground from us to Canada you will see the cost go up Sad maybe USPS to Canada as an option? distribution center would be better though.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Shipping from USA to USA [message #31249 is a reply to message #30328 ] Thu, 21 July 2011 01:56 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Quick question, in "my orders" section it shows "Shipped dc ny," does this mean it's manufactured in the Netherlands and shipped to NY, and then after it's reshipped in NY, I'll receive a UPS tracking number?

From the above quote - "For you guys now it is designed and manufactured in the USA!!!" I thought products were also manufactured in the US, but the people chatting today talked about everything still coming from the Netherlands. Just for curiosity's sake, is any material printed in the US?

Previous Topic:New models at free 3dmodelss.com
Next Topic:Shapeways User Meetup: Amsterdam, July 22nd

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.