Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Manifold problems in Sketchup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Manifold problems in Sketchup [message #2979] Sun, 15 February 2009 05:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar cmdrico7812  is currently offline cmdrico7812
Go to all my models
I am very new to Shapeways. I'm trying to create a model in Sketchup with all manifold objects and I'm having trouble. I want to be able to create my file in Sketchup, Export as a .DAE file and then upload to Shapeways, however, I get the non-manifold objects message every time I try. It's a fairly simple model. I have attached it. Could someone take a look and show me why I still have non-manifold objects in my model? Or offer advice on how to get rid of them in Sketchup? Much thanks in advance.

Eric

• Attachment: Container.skp
    (Size: 126.64KB, Downloaded 152 time(s))

Re: Manifold problems in Sketchup [message #3006 is a reply to message #2979 ] Tue, 17 February 2009 08:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi cmdrico7812 Cool

My name is Ralph and i am Shapeways Webmaster. There are some known problems with Google Sketch up.

The file is in a 'dialect' that we can't process right now. You can re-exported it using MeshLab (free open source software - http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ )

For example. Save your file as collada. Then open it in Meshlab, save it, and upload it again. This will work just fine.

Hope this helps Very Happy !

Cheers, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Scale problems
Next Topic:VectorWorks

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.