Home » Support » Buying » Shipping in the Netherlands
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28161] Wed, 25 May 2011 14:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar berechar  is currently offline berechar
Go to all my models
Hello everyone,

My name is Charlie and I am brand new to the shapeway community! I want to do some 3d printing for my graduation project, but I have some questions about the shipping/production time...

I reckoned that there is a 'shapeway building' in the Netherlands, and because I live in the Netherlands, I was wondering if the production takes there place, or in the U.S.A...

The deadline for my project is over 1 month, and because i am still researching the possibilities of what to do, i really need to know some exact shipping time data Smile

i would love to print my project in stainless steel (and maybe also some Frosted Ultra Detail haha)

any info is really appreciated Smile
charlie
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28163 is a reply to message #28161 ] Wed, 25 May 2011 15:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
All but stainless I believe are made in the Netherlands. Stainless is 15 business days after your order. FUD (frosted ultra detail) was 10 business days, but because of high demand and a machine going down I believe it is up to 15 as well.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28168 is a reply to message #28163 ] Wed, 25 May 2011 15:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Yes Youknowwho4eva is right,,, Stainless steel is done in the USA,, the other materials are made in the Netherlands!

Not sure about the FUD material though!

And also like he says: business days!
So weekends aren't included!
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28169 is a reply to message #28161 ] Wed, 25 May 2011 15:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I think FUD uses the same machines as the Detail materials?
Also Silver and Ceramic I'm not sure about. I know Stainless is done in Pittsburgh, a couple hours North of me.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28172 is a reply to message #28169 ] Wed, 25 May 2011 16:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Not really!

Details materials are printed with Objet printers!
the FUD materials are printed on a 3D systems printer!
Invision if im right!
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28430 is a reply to message #28172 ] Tue, 31 May 2011 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@youknowwho @jettuh you guys sure know your stuff Smile

@berechar is there anything else we can help with?

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28680 is a reply to message #28430 ] Mon, 06 June 2011 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
i allready had some contact with Cristel Hagens from Shapeways, but i am just a little bit concerned about the production time / delivery time... there is a tight deadline coming up Sad

at this moment the plan is to order multiple small objects (1cm * 1cm * 1cm) in 'Black Detail Plastic' (and or Frosted Detail), on the 10th of June.

so if it would take 10 working days, they would be delivered around 27/28 of July... ? would suit me, I just hope it will be there Smile

offcourse it isnt possible to have a perfect guarantee, but i just hope it really mucho Razz
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #28706 is a reply to message #28680 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 08:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@berechar: some additional info: as a rule shipments to the Netherlands don't arrive quicker than the ones in far away countries. We keep shipping time into account when we're planning the production. Of course, whenever we do have some spare capacity we'll always do our best to speed things up and deliver quicker!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #29848 is a reply to message #28706 ] Tue, 28 June 2011 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
it should be delivered this week according to the 10 working days. so i'll keep my fingers terribly crossed, and hope for the best, otherwise i'll have big bad problems next week...
Re: Shipping in the Netherlands [message #29944 is a reply to message #29848 ] Thu, 30 June 2011 08:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Smolderz  is currently offline Smolderz
Go to all my models
Hi berechar,

I have an order with 1 Polished WSF model and a couple more FUD models. Today marks the 18th working day in production... Smile I'm affraid your not going to receive your order that soon, sorry! Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2011 08:00 UTC]

Previous Topic:Scale: 100%
Next Topic:Important question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.