Home » Support » 3D Applications » Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29687] Sat, 25 June 2011 14:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
I was using Bryce 3d to combine multiple models into 1 file for print before. I was wondering if NetFabb Basic is capable of doing the same?

I open 1 of my models as a .stl in NetFabb, then I add another model by its side. I select both models then go to Part/Export Part, then export them as a binary .stl. However when I open the saved file, it just has one model in it. It does not export both models. I have also tried exporting as ascii .stl but received the same results with a much larger file size.

Is NetFabb capable of grouping models or do I still need to use Bryce 3d as a in-between measure to group multiple models for print before I fix/finalize them in NetFabb?

Re: Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29688 is a reply to message #29687 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
I tried, too. It doesn't work. If I look at the comparison chart http://www.netfabb.com/comparison.php , function "save as one part" is not included in the free version...

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2011 15:24 UTC]

Re: Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29748 is a reply to message #29688 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 22:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
That's a bummer. Well I base my miniatures in Bryce 3d as well so grouping them in Bryce isn't the end of the world. Would have been a little nicer/easier but oh well. Good to know, thanks.

Previous Topic:How to check and fix STL files
Next Topic:MeshLab: Render obj file with my own computed normals

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.