Home » Support » 3D Applications » Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29687] Sat, 25 June 2011 14:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
I was using Bryce 3d to combine multiple models into 1 file for print before. I was wondering if NetFabb Basic is capable of doing the same?

I open 1 of my models as a .stl in NetFabb, then I add another model by its side. I select both models then go to Part/Export Part, then export them as a binary .stl. However when I open the saved file, it just has one model in it. It does not export both models. I have also tried exporting as ascii .stl but received the same results with a much larger file size.

Is NetFabb capable of grouping models or do I still need to use Bryce 3d as a in-between measure to group multiple models for print before I fix/finalize them in NetFabb?

Re: Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29688 is a reply to message #29687 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
I tried, too. It doesn't work. If I look at the comparison chart http://www.netfabb.com/comparison.php , function "save as one part" is not included in the free version...

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2011 15:24 UTC]

Re: Combining multiple models (parts) in NetFabb? [message #29748 is a reply to message #29688 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 22:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
That's a bummer. Well I base my miniatures in Bryce 3d as well so grouping them in Bryce isn't the end of the world. Would have been a little nicer/easier but oh well. Good to know, thanks.

Previous Topic:How to check and fix STL files
Next Topic:MeshLab: Render obj file with my own computed normals