Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Markup matrix page has a serious problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Markup matrix page has a serious problem [message #29698] Sat, 25 June 2011 19:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Dear Shapeways,

I know that many people have already complained bitterly about your markup matrix page, and I am aware that you have been working on this for a long time.

Still, the problems remain severe. When I go to the markup page, it takes a full TEN MINUTES to load, if it loads at all (it fails 3 out of 4 times). It takes just 30 seconds to download all the pictures, but then the script starts spinning. My computer CPU goes to full load, with all the fans turning at maximum power to cool the processor. This goes on for ten minutes, without anything visibly happening. It is like a "while(true) do nothing" loop.

You can understand how frustrating this is, as it impedes me to set my mark-ups.

Would you be so kind and look again at your code, please?

There must be a serious bug in your script.

Thank you.

Oskar
Re: Markup matrix page has a serious problem [message #29700 is a reply to message #29698 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 20:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Yes many of us have been asking for an alternative like CSV which could allow us to quickly change in Excel then re upload. I see you have over 100 models. I personally can not open the markup page from my tablet as it kills the thing. I need to be on my quad core 3GHz computer. Which is ridiculous considering I do all my CAD work on my tablet this site should not need more processing then it takes to render the model in the first place.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Markup matrix page has a serious problem [message #29728 is a reply to message #29700 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 07:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
This problem makes me wonder what the script is doing. Ten minutes of 100% CPU use could be good for
-Calculating the billionth digit of pi
-Making some high quality 3D renders
-Earning 0.2 cents in a computer cloud
-Searching for extra-terrestrial life
but
-Sorting 150 Shapeways models?

Oskar

Previous Topic:How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first?
Next Topic:Material popularity

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.