Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29536] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi all,

we had a small update today.

- add ordernr and material to shop overview excel export
- show model can not be bought on model detail page if volume equals 0
- only choose default material if set, to prevent javascript warning

Best,

Barry
Re: Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29603 is a reply to message #29536 ] Fri, 24 June 2011 14:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
barrys wrote on Thu, 23 June 2011 12:17

- add ordernr and material to shop overview excel export

Thank you so much! This will help me considerably.

The other two columns I'd ask for if they're in your database are model# and ship date.. but those are not ugent.. can wait for another day.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29613 is a reply to message #29603 ] Fri, 24 June 2011 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Yes, Order Number (ordernr) are useful to understand if the set of models ordered the same day have been ordered by the same customer. It was already possible to see that from the pdf files, but not in the Excel file. Obviously customer name or at least customer ID number would be even more useful...

As Stonysmith said having the model number would help to do statistics because it happens that you change the name of a model, and it is then difficult to track the sales.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29680 is a reply to message #29536 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 11:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@barrys

Ben left Shapeways last week and didn't reply to my email - can you look into an email i sent him? i had 2 co-creators whom i fulfilled which were not logged on the XSL file nor sent the next day Yippeee email.

Just now i thought i'd check the ordering/Personalize flow...

I believe the ordering flow is faulty - especially for first time visitors/newbies - customer hits the personalize button then asked to review his co-creator then hits the order button again but isnt redirected to his cart / a checkout page as he would expect and experienced on almost all e-commerce websites...
- Instead he is stuck on the co-creator review page ... not been asked to continue shopping.. nor continue to a Checkout page...

Yes, a tiny counter on top of the page shows the number of items in his cart - but that's good for techies not for newbies - i think the flow should be - once he confirms the co-creator and hits the order button , he should be sent to his cart page where he can see a clear checkout button OR a button to continue shopping.

My 2c.

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29681 is a reply to message #29536 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 11:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very useful additions to the report!

+1 on model nr

And I would also like to see time and country of customer if possible.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23 [message #29685 is a reply to message #29681 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 14:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Would it be possible for this spreadsheet to include my own orders? I don't know if they're even tracked because the markup is zero.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-15
Next Topic:Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-27

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.