Home » Community » It arrived! » Glazed Ceramic Coasters
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Glazed Ceramic Coasters [message #29449] Wed, 22 June 2011 05:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar AndersHansen  is currently offline AndersHansen
Go to my shop
These new products arrived last week.

Made from Glazed Ceramic, the project started with my fascination for city grids, from the strict geometry of New York to the seemingly chaotic Bombay layout. At the time, living abroad and a bit homesick, I decided to use the map of Oslo as a starting point for my Oslo Coasters. I picked 6 different areas in Oslo that represents different memories for me and created these products based on the city grid. The can be used separatly or together.

I produced a batch of these coasters using Alumide but I didn't get the qualitative feel before I used Glazed Ceramics. An important aspect with using ceramics, that caught me by suprise, is that the products get imperfections due to the productions method. Those imperfections, together with the look and feel of the material, was just right for the product.

These products are currently available to buy in my shop at Shapeways.

Let me know what you think Smile

Re: Glazed Ceramic Coasters [message #29509 is a reply to message #29449 ] Wed, 22 June 2011 22:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Have you tested a slight drop with these to see if they are fragile?

They look like they could be since they are so thin.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: Glazed Ceramic Coasters [message #29535 is a reply to message #29509 ] Thu, 23 June 2011 10:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AndersHansen  is currently offline AndersHansen
Go to my shop
No I havn't tried yet.. I need to order new ones first.
I was very worried about the fragility, but I was suprised by how solid they actually feel. Feels like porcelain.
Re: Glazed Ceramic Coasters [message #29560 is a reply to message #29535 ] Thu, 23 June 2011 19:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@andehans city grids are indeed a wonderful inspiration. I'd love to see who can actually identify which city is which. Laughing

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Silver pendant
Next Topic:Oh Cube by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.