Home » Community » It arrived! » FUD parts
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FUD parts [message #28822] Thu, 09 June 2011 16:10 UTC
avatar lvmunster  is currently offline lvmunster
Go to all my models
Hi All,

Well my test parts in FUD came in today. I reviewed the parts and did some tests.

The large part which represent the a concrete pillar had some problems on 5 sides with the layer build up.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9336&private=0

The surfaces are not as smooth as expected. Also some errors I guess. Left side is sanded and right side is as delivered.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9335&private=0

Did some sanding with very fine course sanding paper but I lost details on the surfaces (holes with 0.2mm and 0.1mm deep). I guess I need to make the holes a bit bigger and deeper. I included some photos of the surfaces and the fine details tat showed up fine after doing a wash with some oil paint and white spirit. The lines in the part are 0.2 wide and 0.1 mm deep and they came out fine.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9334&private=0

Other parts come out fine as expected.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9337&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=9338&private=0

As I am looking for a material to make masters for resin casting molds and FUD does the job for small parts. For bigger parts I am not sure yet. Perhaps somebody can advise me or share his experience with bigger FUD parts and the layer lines visable.

Regards,

Leon

• Attachment: detail.jpg
    (Size: 179.79KB, Downloaded 599 time(s))

• Attachment: side_detail_sanded.jpg
    (Size: 175.25KB, Downloaded 604 time(s))

• Attachment: top_side.jpg
    (Size: 157.50KB, Downloaded 608 time(s))

• Attachment: part2.jpg
    (Size: 171.06KB, Downloaded 585 time(s))

• Attachment: part3.jpg
    (Size: 160.70KB, Downloaded 595 time(s))

Previous Topic:Sand(stone) Castle
Next Topic:Mixed results with FUD and FD

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.