Home » Community » General Discussion » 3d bikini
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3d bikini [message #28695] Tue, 07 June 2011 01:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Has anyone noticed that shapeways is offering 3d bikinis? Interesting idea but a little expensive.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: 3d bikini [message #28696 is a reply to message #28695 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 01:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Look at it this way... it's a very cool buzz item that will surely bring traffic...

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: 3d bikini [message #28697 is a reply to message #28696 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 03:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Guys,

We are really excited about the bikini as it is the first item of clothing ever available for sale.

And expensive, when was the last time you bought a bespoke bikini?

Wink

Duann Scott

Re: 3d bikini [message #28698 is a reply to message #28697 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 03:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
True if they had more sizes and I had more money I would probably buy one for my wife. It is a really cool product.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: 3d bikini [message #28707 is a reply to message #28695 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 08:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I do hope the default option is for polished WSF Rolling Eyes

Re: 3d bikini [message #28725 is a reply to message #28707 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stuartar  is currently offline stuartar
Go to my shop
How about a Mankini option?. Confused
Re: 3d bikini [message #28727 is a reply to message #28695 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
lol

Are you sure?? did you take a second to consider how your "body hair" could be tangled in between the woven WSF structure? Very Happy

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: 3d bikini [message #28734 is a reply to message #28697 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 14:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
very cool indeed. we need local 3D scanners in communities so people can go get scanned and send that scan to shapeways and get their bespoke clothing. These items by continuum are very promising (mainly the programing behind them- thanks for sharing that info!).

What's being sold right now isn't really bespoke, you just choose between sizes like you would for a normal bikini in a store, so I don't really see the advantage of this being 3D printed in polyamide versus traditional mfg & materials.

That being said I'm happy Continuum has gone this far and worked w/ shapeways to make it available. It shows the potential future, which is awesome. And it will make some headlines, turn some heads (especially guys), & bring attention to the industry & traffic to shapeways which is great! I doubt it will be that successful in terms of sales, but hopefully this doesn't deter Continuum from a very interesting future.

for me the only tight fitting items on me are my shoes, so bespoke sandals would be seriously interesting.... especially with a custom footbed based on a scan of my foot... hmm someone should do that.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: 3d bikini [message #28736 is a reply to message #28734 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 14:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stuartar  is currently offline stuartar
Go to my shop
@ Dizingof,

Umm...You are right, I didn't think of that. This idea could get expensive when
I factor in the cost of a "Crack, back 'n' sack" as well.

I think I'll stick to rolled-up trousers, socks with sandals and a knotted hanky
for the summer. Winning combo!.

And I wonder why I'm still single?. Answers on a post card, please.
Re: 3d bikini [message #28737 is a reply to message #28736 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 15:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Vandil  is currently offline Vandil
Go to all my models
stuartar wrote on Tue, 07 June 2011 14:46

@ Dizingof,

Umm...You are right, I didn't think of that. This idea could get expensive when
I factor in the cost of a "Crack, back 'n' sack" as well.

I think I'll stick to rolled-up trousers, socks with sandals and a knotted hanky
for the summer. Winning combo!.

And I wonder why I'm still single?. Answers on a post card, please.

Beans and Franks! Beans and Franks!!! Laughing

l'm glad people are pushing the envelope with different uses for 3d printing, even if I'm not in the market for a 3d printed banana hammock.

Uva uvam vivendo varia
Re: 3d bikini [message #28745 is a reply to message #28734 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 04:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Yup - like the shoe idea....!
Re: 3d bikini [message #28746 is a reply to message #28745 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 04:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
i had custom made shoe inserts for a while. They had me walk along a platform that measured the impact forces as I walked. They then built a custom insert out of carbon fiber to correct my walk.

Re: 3d bikini [message #28768 is a reply to message #28746 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 16:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
I agree with Pete. "Digi-fabric" shoes/insoles would be really exciting!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: 3d bikini [message #28770 is a reply to message #28695 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 17:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I want a digi-fabric super hero's mask

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: 3d bikini [message #28782 is a reply to message #28768 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
When is printed rubber coming online for rubber chain maille bikinis?

Re: 3d bikini [message #28784 is a reply to message #28695 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 21:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Any chance of the 3D printed air becoming available for bikinis? Rolling Eyes

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: 3d bikini [message #28824 is a reply to message #28695 ] Thu, 09 June 2011 16:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
mctrivia wrote on Tue, 07 June 2011 01:00

Has anyone noticed that shapeways is offering 3d bikinis?

Err, uhm, it was a little hard not to notice! Rolling Eyes I clicked on my Shapeways link, looked away for a second, then looked back at the monitor and thought a spam window had popped up or something. Pretty wild, definitely caught me off guard.
Re: 3d bikini [message #28942 is a reply to message #28824 ] Sun, 12 June 2011 18:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Yeah, the bikini-clad girl on our front page has been a shocker to some of our repeat visitors....

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: 3d bikini [message #29188 is a reply to message #28770 ] Thu, 16 June 2011 18:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Wed, 08 June 2011 17:05

I want a digi-fabric super hero's mask

I made a bracelet in Frosted Detail and it was very flexible. Could totally make a mask out of that material!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Questions about working in silver
Next Topic:"Popularity' search results skewed?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.