Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » FUD forever
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FUD forever [message #28274] Fri, 27 May 2011 17:17 UTC
avatar mikenozon  is currently offline mikenozon
Go to my shop
Hello all.

My first post here but not my first shapeways project. After doing a few stuff and testing lots of materials for prototyping, I just receive a test I've done to check the quality of the FUD and I was blowed away. This thing is just wonderfull, almost no post process as it's pretty damn accurate and super smooth.

So here's the little guy I've print, he's about 10 cm height, all the parts are separate and hollowed. The only little complain is just that there's still some support material in the smaller pieces but it's clearly a technical issue as the parts are small and I guess that the water jet was not able to clean it properly.

It's a small size version of an old Jumbo machinder from the 70's I really liked the design of this guy and I've redo it in 3D and was able to print it.

So just one thing in conclusion, please keep this FUD, it's just what a lot of people have wait for a long time.

Cheers

Mikeindex.php?t=getfile&id=9093&private=0

Previous Topic:Planetary D6
Next Topic:Implicit Surfaces

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.