Home »  » Shapeways Shops » Rating System Improvement
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rating System Improvement [message #28234] Thu, 26 May 2011 22:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Hi there,

I know it's been discussed before, but I seriously feel there needs to be a look at the current model rating system. Firstly, I feel that there is not enough people for the 5 star system bring out a proper mean which reflects the model.

The fact a user can rate a model without having bought it seems to make the whole system counter productive. Is the rating based on the 3D printed model or the picture the user uploads?!

I feel for a user to rate the model properly, they will have had to have bought the model in question. To combat the fact only the most popular models have a usable average, the 5 Star system should be replaced with a Like/Dislike system similar to what YouTube has. This implemented at the bottom beside the comments bar may also encourage people to write comments about the model they have bought, making the comments appear more like a review.

I hope this would clear up on some of the problems with the 1 star spamming users have seen on the site. I'm sure many others get frustrated when a model which hasn't yet sold gets randomly a one star rating.

I hope this hasn't appeared too much like a rant, I just think both users and Shapeways would benefit from a more informative, reliable rating system.

Michael
Re: Rating System Improvement [message #28242 is a reply to message #28234 ] Fri, 27 May 2011 01:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Michael,

Thanks for the input,

This is something that is being worked on at the moment..

Cheers

Duann Scott

Previous Topic:So how long does a co-creator model have to stick around in our shop?
Next Topic:Section Tabs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.