Home » Support » 3D Design » Hinge Template for Download please
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hinge Template for Download please [message #27973] Sat, 21 May 2011 16:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bracer  is currently offline Bracer
Go to all my models
I have seen the Shapeway operators successfully printed out working hinges in pictures.

The thing is, we the users, do not have such luxury, if our hinge fail, it's a complete reprint or remodel.

Too much time and money will be wasted.

I personally feel this is a GREAT Idea if Shapeway allows us, the users to incooperate the working hinges that they have tested [tried and true] to be available for download so that we could just "boolean" the working hinges into our design knowing that that part will work.

Please, I really think this is a great idea Smile
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #27983 is a reply to message #27973 ] Sat, 21 May 2011 17:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Where do you see a shapeways hinge? Do you want a hinge that needs assembly or a printed working hinge? Also check here for downloadable 3D printable proven parts http://www.shapeways.com/themes/3dparts

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #27986 is a reply to message #27983 ] Sat, 21 May 2011 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/141-Creating-hinges-a nd-moving-parts.html

If only were can get this "parts".
Smile
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #27991 is a reply to message #27986 ] Sat, 21 May 2011 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'll see if I can't get those models for you. It might be a bit as the crew is in SF at Maker Faire.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #27995 is a reply to message #27991 ] Sun, 22 May 2011 01:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Wow...Maker Fair...how I wish I am in America....
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #28062 is a reply to message #27995 ] Mon, 23 May 2011 18:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey Bracer,

I'm afraid I don't have access to the original files of those particular parts as they were provided by some of our suppliers. I hear you though and I'll discuss how we can grow our parts library to include some more advanced stuff as well.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #28079 is a reply to message #27973 ] Mon, 23 May 2011 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I love the service ! Very Happy
Please do, as you can tell, a lot of people are after Hinges Smile

A Library of hinges that guarantee to work out of the box will help a lot of us Smile
Re: Hinge Template for Download please [message #28081 is a reply to message #28079 ] Mon, 23 May 2011 21:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi Bracer,

What kind of hinges are you looking for?
How big?
What material should they be designed for?

Just 3 questions off the top of my head that might enable designers to cater to your needs.

Paul

p.s. I don't mind giving a few hinge designs a go, just depends on the answers to the above.

Previous Topic:The Shapeways Creator
Next Topic:Online service for cutting CNC carbon anyone?