Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » No ceramic in drop down material list
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27488] Fri, 13 May 2011 20:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3dsynergy  is currently offline 3dsynergy
Go to all my models
Hi,

I wanted to print one of my parts in the new glazed ceramic, but I don't see glazed ceramic listed in the material drop down list. When I go to another part I have uploaded I see that part lists the glazed ceramic in the material drop down list.

Does this mean that Shapeways is auto-detecting whether or not the part can in fact be manufactured in ceramic and if not it doesn't list ceramic in the drop down materials list?

Thanks for help or clarifications.

Roland M
Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27491 is a reply to message #27488 ] Fri, 13 May 2011 20:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Check to see if the build size is within ceramic's supported range.

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27508 is a reply to message #27491 ] Fri, 13 May 2011 22:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic is currently online Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Check the second special note of the material page:
Quote:

Special note on availability: This new kind of pricing means that ceramics might take a bit longer to become available for a few of the older models (2 weeks, max). If you don't see ceramics on your model and want your model to have ceramics as an option, please e-mail service@shapeways.com with your model's product page link and we'll get that fixed for you!

Is your model quite old?

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27532 is a reply to message #27491 ] Sat, 14 May 2011 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the tip I'll double check my sizes.
Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27533 is a reply to message #27508 ] Sat, 14 May 2011 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks I'll check on this I think it might be the problem.
Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27758 is a reply to message #27533 ] Wed, 18 May 2011 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey 3dsynergy, most likely it's exactly what Magic mentioned, and that model simply hasn't been reworked in the database yet to have ceramics enabled. I thought this might be a bit confusing for some people. Wink

Ceramics should show up for you soon. Let me know how it works out!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: No ceramic in drop down material list [message #27842 is a reply to message #27758 ] Thu, 19 May 2011 17:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi Ana,

Yep that was the problem my model now shows ceramic in the drop down list.
Thanks for the reply

RM

Previous Topic:Can anyone reccommend a reliable CNC mill/shop similar to shapeways?
Next Topic:Customization

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.