Home » Community » General Discussion » WSF Polished, FUD not available to order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27319] Wed, 11 May 2011 18:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Half of my designs cannot be ordered in WSFP or FUD - the materials are missing from the material choices.

I'd like to order some of them in WSFP - how will I do this?
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27324 is a reply to message #27319 ] Wed, 11 May 2011 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Vandil  is currently offline Vandil
Go to all my models
Go the the products page (not inventory management), scroll down and on the right side click the trash can after WSF-Polished.

Uva uvam vivendo varia
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27332 is a reply to message #27324 ] Wed, 11 May 2011 21:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
"Go the the products page (not inventory management), scroll down and on the right side click the trash can after WSF-Polished."

Neither WSF-P or FUD are listed there.
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27359 is a reply to message #27332 ] Wed, 11 May 2011 23:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Are the designs less than 2.5mm in any one dimension?
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27364 is a reply to message #27359 ] Thu, 12 May 2011 04:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No. All of them have been successfully printed in WSF. WSF and FD are available for printing on all of them but not WSF-P of FUD.

I think there's a software glitch - now one part is not available for sale in any material. I select WSF and FD for printing and save the changes but I get a message: "Private galleries:
Something went wrong while saving the material".

This sucks! Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2011 04:35 UTC]

Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27387 is a reply to message #27364 ] Thu, 12 May 2011 14:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That doesn't sound right. I'll find someone who can answer or solve this for you.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27391 is a reply to message #27319 ] Thu, 12 May 2011 14:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
GWMT--
I see four public models in your shop. The two that are for-sale can be ordered in WSF Polished and FUD. For example, this model: http://www.shapeways.com/model/221137/wheel_stops_ho_20_pack _c83.html?gid=sg69853

Can you PM me the specific model links so I can check on your private models too?

-Ben

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27394 is a reply to message #27391 ] Thu, 12 May 2011 15:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Both WSFP and FUD have size limitations, perhaps that it?
WSFP: Max Bounding Box: 15 x 15 x 15 cm
FUD: 127 x 178 x 152mm

At least two of your designs are too large in one dimension.

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:21 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: WSF Polished, FUD not available to order [message #27445 is a reply to message #27394 ] Fri, 13 May 2011 02:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Virtox nailed it - the parts won't fit in the build (or finishing) volume for those materials. I missed the smaller build volume listed for WSF-P and thought anything that could be produced in WSF would be available in WSF-P Embarassed . Will Shapeways get a bigger tank for polishing WSF in the future?

Perhaps instead of a blank spot in the Product Inventory Management page you should have the message "Part exceeds build volume". In the future will materials that require a minimum wall thickness greater than what's designed into the part be removed as well?

The problems with editing and saving changes to the parts seem to be gone now, too. Yay!

Previous Topic:unprintable models
Next Topic:Continued Foodsafe Materials

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.