Home » Community » It arrived! » Frosted Ultra Detail Test..
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Frosted Ultra Detail Test.. [message #27194] Mon, 09 May 2011 19:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar tristan_bethe  is currently offline tristan_bethe
Go to my shop
As soon as I read Shapeways had a new material to play with I immediately sent a model their way to print.

Especially the fine details of the frosted ultra detail sounded good!

It turned out to be only half good. Literally! I need you guys to figure out what went wrong and what I should do to avoid this.

Take a look at the attached image.

I sent a 3d scan of my wife in her wedding dress. I know for a fact she looks just as pretty on either side. However for some reason the print only looks good on the right side. The left side is very rough while the right side is very good.

I positioned the model standing up for printing since I found this made the print much better quality with other materials (otherwise you get rings on the belly)

So what do you think happened here?

• Attachment: frosted01.jpg
    (Size: 2.17MB, Downloaded 479 time(s))

See more of my 3D scanning/printing adventures here: http://3dpersons.com/ or statyou.com
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Test.. [message #27237 is a reply to message #27194 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 12:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi,

Could you please sent me the order number by email to service@shapeways.com? After this I will create a complaint out of this for you and come with a proper solution.

Thanks in advance,
Christel

Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Test.. [message #27264 is a reply to message #27194 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 17:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
@tristan_bethe sorry for your frustration , i really was hoping to see the first prints of FUD
- thanks for sharing (the half parts Wink )

rest assured customer service will make you happy.

my last print came fused and Christel contacted me & created a complaint + issued me my a coupon - amazing customer service.

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Test.. [message #27265 is a reply to message #27264 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 17:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tristan_bethe  is currently offline tristan_bethe
Go to my shop
Hey dizingof,

Hey it is in testing for a reason right? I have full faith in SW customer support. I actually just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong Smile

Judging the good half of the print FUD looks amazing. I already did sent 2 other models for printing without seeing the first result, hopefully they come out nice the first time. So actually I have blind faith in SW Very Happy

See more of my 3D scanning/printing adventures here: http://3dpersons.com/ or statyou.com

Previous Topic:Which came first, ... ?
Next Topic:I'm branching out!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.