Home » Support » 3D Design » technical
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
technical [message #27080] Sat, 07 May 2011 14:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar tzachi nevo  is currently offline tzachi nevo
Go to all my models
can i make a 2d Technical drawing using scetchup? or just scetchup pro?

if not in scetchup which free program i can use

i want to design complicted part wich i will send here for making 3d printing
Re: technical [message #27091 is a reply to message #27080 ] Sat, 07 May 2011 21:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
The free Sketchup might work depending on what kind of drawing you need, but its not really meant for 2D...DoubleCAD might be a better choice for you.
If you do want to try Sketchup, I suggest asking for help at Sketchucation, there are many helpful architects and engineers using Sketchup there.

I use Sketchup Pro, if you get started in the free version and need help with the final 2D layout, you could hire me to help with that - just shoot me a PM to work out the details!

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: technical [message #27107 is a reply to message #27080 ] Sun, 08 May 2011 13:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'm confused about the part about sending the 2D drawing to Shapeways. Shapeways requires 3D solid files for printing.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: technical [message #27118 is a reply to message #27107 ] Sun, 08 May 2011 20:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
I'd like to hear the reason from the OP as well, but I assumed s/he wanted to output the 2D drawings (i.e. for patent application) directly from the same model used for the 3D print.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------
@tzachi nevo, DoubleCAD imports Sketchup models, so you could make the 3D model in Skechup, then import into DoubleCAD for the 2D drawings.

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"

Previous Topic:Strange addition to my model
Next Topic:about 3d software

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.