Home » Support » 3D Design » Problem uploading a model - not enough memory
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Problem uploading a model - not enough memory [message #26894] Tue, 03 May 2011 09:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar shim  is currently offline shim
Go to my shop
I want to upload an STL-model with 860.000 triangles and 46M file size. I keep getting this message:
Unfortunately, we were unable to convert your model, because there is not enough memory available for this process right now.
This usually means that your model is too complex or has too many triangles or shells our system can handle right now. Please adjust your model.

Can I just try again later or do I really have to rebuild my model?
Re: Problem uploading a model - not enough memory [message #26904 is a reply to message #26894 ] Tue, 03 May 2011 16:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Try reducing the number of polys: http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/polygon_reduction_with_me shlab

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: Problem uploading a model - not enough memory [message #26909 is a reply to message #26894 ] Tue, 03 May 2011 17:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey Shim,

We have some problems with the memory consumption of high poly models. A work around is in place as of tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best.

Robert

Previous Topic:Hard for us, probably easy for you...
Next Topic:Uploading problem (or fixing problem)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.