Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » blender - wrap a ribbon to a cylinder
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
blender - wrap a ribbon to a cylinder [message #26366] Fri, 22 April 2011 12:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar bwana  is currently offline bwana
Go to all my models
I am trying to figure out how to wrap a ribbon around a cylinder multiple times. Ultimately the ribbon would have words on it or a pattern but i need to get the basic method first. In blender, I can create a ribbon and i can create a cylinder. and shrinkwrap? or I can use the screw tool and rotate a polyline but i dont like that way--i want to be able to change the ribbon and have it map itself to the cylinder.

as far as wrapping a ribbon to a ball, i dont care about distortion too much- the ribbon might be a pattern-like a sinewave or a square wave.
Re: blender - wrap a ribbon to a cylinder [message #26838 is a reply to message #26366 ] Mon, 02 May 2011 14:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sounds like a job for the Warp modifier!

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-create-model-tire-with-ble nders-warp-modifier-379479/

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:plz help me shell this!
Next Topic:SolidWorks problem, lack of colour

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.