Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » ICFF11 Contest Results?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26699] Thu, 28 April 2011 16:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar Cradders  is currently offline Cradders
Go to my shop
Any news on the winners of the ICFF11 contest? I'm sure many people are curious, I know I am!

Cheers.
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26701 is a reply to message #26699 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Hopefully they're running late on the notice, because that should have gone out the 22nd and I wasn't told I had won Laughing

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26703 is a reply to message #26701 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
i asked in a tweet and they said the winner had been notified. so i went back and looked in my inbox again, but couldn't find it. Wink

congrats to whoever won, saw some great entries.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26704 is a reply to message #26699 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'll have to check my spam folder.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26705 is a reply to message #26699 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Cradders  is currently offline Cradders
Go to my shop
Ah, cool. Well I hope we all find out soon, I'm really curious!
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26712 is a reply to message #26705 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 19:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Shuggster  is currently offline Shuggster
Go to my shop
Its a no here too, will be interesting to see whats won.
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26713 is a reply to message #26699 ] Thu, 28 April 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
ohhh not again !

just kidding Wink

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26737 is a reply to message #26713 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 14:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Here's a hint Smile

Good job winners!

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26745 is a reply to message #26737 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 18:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
I don't understand this.
I looked at the link denali3ddesign provided above... but...

If Nervous System won this contest (make no mistake - their stuff is AMAZING)... I don't see these lamps as entries here in the list of objects with the tag ICFF11.
I thought these were all entries on display? I could be wrong, though.

Also... today's Shapeways e-mail says "We had an amazing array of high calibre entries for the 2011 ICFF contest and will be announcing the winner on May 2nd... While we keep you in anticipation for just a little longer, and make preparations to show off 3D printed works from the winner, Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy, why not check out the gallery of entries? "

So, wait... they will announce winners on May 2nd but, hmmm... here are winners, take a look?
Then you check out gallery of entries - but I can't see these particular objects there as an entry? Maybe other objects? But none are on display as entries.

What gives?

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26746 is a reply to message #26699 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes somewhat weird wording on that email ..

I just saw the gallery link ..
http://www.shapeways.com/contest/icff_11_design_contest

I was very surprised and honored to see few of my designs on top of the list ..
Its a great honor to be amongst some high caliber designers.

Thanks Shapeways !

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26748 is a reply to message #26699 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Shuggster  is currently offline Shuggster
Go to my shop
Yeah it seems quite odd.
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26750 is a reply to message #26748 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
Okay - on more careful read of that sentence from the email... I think what it PROBABLY means is like:
we will display 3d printed objects from the WINNER and, in addition to that, from Nervous, aminimal and hardy. Hmm?
Probably!?

Note that comma there : " winner, Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy....."

I mean... it seems there are no official entries to this contest from Nervous, aminimal or hardy.... not tagged icff11, anyways.
But their stuff looks great - should be there.

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26756 is a reply to message #26750 ] Fri, 29 April 2011 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey @alienology, you hit the nail on the head, that comma reorients the whole sentence.

To confirm for anyone else who experienced the same confusion, I was saying in the newsletter that we're prepping to show off work from the winner (who is still anonymous), along with Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy. None of the latter entered bc they're already being featured. Wink

Now would also be a good time to give you guys the heads up that soon after I sent the newsletter, I was informed by other members of the team that the date of the announcement needed to be pushed back to the END of next week, not May 2nd, as I'd first said. Sorry about the confusion, guys. I'm sure having to wait this long has been a pain.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26968 is a reply to message #26748 ] Wed, 04 May 2011 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
Shuggster wrote on Fri, 29 April 2011 19:36

Yeah it seems quite odd.

what's odd? were you referring to dizingof's designs being "on top of the list .. "

Wink just kidding dizingof

lot's of great entries all around.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26981 is a reply to message #26968 ] Wed, 04 May 2011 20:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
jeff wrote on Wed, 04 May 2011 19:47

Shuggster wrote on Fri, 29 April 2011 19:36

Yeah it seems quite odd.

what's odd? were you referring to dizingof's designs being "on top of the list .. "

Wink just kidding dizingof

lot's of great entries all around.

Jeff,

A minute after posting my previous post i realized that "the top of list designs" have nothing to do with ICFF...

Its just a grouped models under the tag ICFF sorted by popularity by a formula that calculates the amount of visitors, stars ratings and sales.

Nothing to do with ICFF candidates ranking.

And in case you're wondering i didn't get that "You won" email .. just some boring "Yippee" Wink

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #26994 is a reply to message #26981 ] Thu, 05 May 2011 06:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey All,

Sorry for the delay on this but we have informed, and are now printing the winning entry.

We will release the name soon on the Shapeways, and the jury members blogs.

It was a tough choice for the judges to make as the quantity of quality was high.

A big thanks to all who entered.

You guys rock

Duann Scott

Re: ICFF11 Contest Results? [message #27189 is a reply to message #26994 ] Mon, 09 May 2011 19:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Finally! The results are in and live.....

Announcing the 2011 ICFF Contest Winner

Thanks to everyone for such inspiring entries. You guys are helping show the rest of the world what 3D printing can do.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2011 19:12 UTC] by Moderator

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:iPhone 4 Case Question
Next Topic:New material suggestion

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.