Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26283] Wed, 20 April 2011 18:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Piggy  is currently offline Piggy
Go to my shop
Hey all!

The first price people see in the public gallery for one of my pendants is the stainless steel price of $80.something dollars, whereas it'd be a more attractive piece if people could see the lower price for the wsf material (which is ok to use for this item as well)

I don't want people browsing to be turned off by a small pendant that's expensive simply because the cost shown is for an expensive material. My other items are automatically advertised using one of the cheapest material costs, and I'm not sure why that's not the case with my recent upload.

I tried unchecking SS from my Product Inventory Management, but it STILL shows up!

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2011 20:13 UTC]

Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26304 is a reply to message #26283 ] Thu, 21 April 2011 00:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I hope Shapeways adds this feature soon too. I've uploaded a few custom pet tags that can double as pendants and I've run into this problems with the silver prices as well. If I allow Silver in the materials list it defaults to showing that price over the stainless steel prices. Most people will be turned off if they see the silver price for a pet tag, though I'd like to keep silver listed for anyone who wants a silver version for their pets or to wear themselves. I hate to have to upload multiple copies of the files and set different material settings for each but thats the only work around I've found so far.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2011 00:17 UTC]

Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26357 is a reply to message #26283 ] Fri, 22 April 2011 08:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Yes I also would like to have a prefered material, which results in also a price shown as default and also results as default material when somebody orders!

More then 8100 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26360 is a reply to message #26304 ] Fri, 22 April 2011 10:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kaetemi  is currently offline Kaetemi
Go to my shop
What about displaying something like "Available from xx$ to xx$", instead of just one price?

Kaetemi
Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26361 is a reply to message #26360 ] Fri, 22 April 2011 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Yes, many of my friends/potential customers are turned off by the high price and often wont even scroll down to check the other prices. they see a $75 price tag and just move on

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26377 is a reply to message #26283 ] Fri, 22 April 2011 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
This is a good feature idea, I'll see what we can do! Smile

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
icon14.gif  Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #26410 is a reply to message #26283 ] Sat, 23 April 2011 04:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Zefig  is currently offline Zefig
Go to my shop
This would be an awesome feature, especially if it listed the price range.
Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #29579 is a reply to message #26283 ] Fri, 24 June 2011 02:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mattnz  is currently offline mattnz
Go to my shop
Yes, Please bring in this feature!
Re: How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first? [message #29581 is a reply to message #29579 ] Fri, 24 June 2011 03:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
already implemented. under default material

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/

Previous Topic:Number of models please weigh in
Next Topic:Markup matrix page has a serious problem

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.