Home » Community » It arrived! » Replacement lamp part
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Replacement lamp part [message #26250] Wed, 20 April 2011 02:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar DarrenAbbey  is currently offline DarrenAbbey
Go to my shop
Recently my bedside lamp broke. The broken part was plastic and it occurred to me that a Shapeways-made replacement would price attractively against buying a new lamp.

The design was a little tricky, since I didn't have an intact part to take all the needed measurements from. With some minor educated geusses, it worked out well.

index.php?t=getfile&id=8373&private=0

I had the part made in black-dyed WSF so that it would blend into the existing color scheme. It is sufficiently flexible so that when the securing hardware is tightened, it does not crack and is able to easily support the head of the lamp.

index.php?t=getfile&id=8374&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_1921_.jpg
    (Size: 98.03KB, Downloaded 266 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_1925_.jpg
    (Size: 67.18KB, Downloaded 263 time(s))

Re: Replacement lamp part [message #26311 is a reply to message #26250 ] Thu, 21 April 2011 07:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Very cool! Great way to save money and not throw away a perfectly good lamp too.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: Replacement lamp part [message #26389 is a reply to message #26250 ] Fri, 22 April 2011 19:21 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice move!

It's always exciting to see us using 3D printing to solve our own product conundrums. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Mixup Prism
Next Topic:Icosahedrostar

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.