Home » Support » Buying » UPS FEES
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
UPS FEES [message #25854] Sat, 09 April 2011 16:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ayewondery  is currently offline Ayewondery
Go to my shop
Where can someone found out about all these fees customs import duty etc that keeps being mentiond here? Is there some kind of chart that at least gives one some kind of idea?

read a forum note and it said that they paid $58 on an order that was only $55 that is very stiff and makes ordering hard if the fees come out to $3.00 to every $ 1 .

Or do I just miss understand this?
Re: UPS FEES [message #25861 is a reply to message #25854 ] Sat, 09 April 2011 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ayewondery, if you are in a country within the European Union member countried, you will pay Netherlands VAT as part of the model (inc delivery) price. If you're not in the EU, you will pay local (country) duties as well as UPS hanling fess with additional local taxes. Your best bet is to contact your local UPS office and ask for a costings breakdown.

Re: UPS FEES [message #25869 is a reply to message #25861 ] Sun, 10 April 2011 15:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the reply

Getting things shipped from state to state in the USA is different than shipping back and forth to other country like where 'Shapeways' is located.

want to try and cover all the bases and avoid any surprises using this service.
Re: UPS FEES [message #25871 is a reply to message #25869 ] Sun, 10 April 2011 18:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi,

import duties and handling fees to the US should be small compared to your order. Unfortunately the countries most affected at the moment are Brasil and Switzerland.

best regards,
Pete
Re: UPS FEES [message #25973 is a reply to message #25871 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 16:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Pete

Thanks for the answer.

Wanted to know ahead of time if the 'UPS Driver ' asked for payment their is a reason for it not some kind of off the cuff scam like the others running through here at the moment.

Just to be clear about this
1) Shapeways charge [ handeling the model]
2) material charge [wsf,sandstone,steel,etc]
3) printing
4) shipping

other fees by UPS

Did i miss anything?
Re: UPS FEES [message #25988 is a reply to message #25973 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 21:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Ok - yes you seem to have it covered although

1-4 are one item paid to Shapeways.

5 could be import duties - depends on whether they inspect your package - assume they do. Should be around 10-20%
Re: UPS FEES [message #25989 is a reply to message #25988 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 21:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Don't forget UPS handling fees and local taxes, Pete... local UPS office will have all the figures Wink

Previous Topic:Setting prices for shops
Next Topic:Vouchers, VAT and business users

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.