Home » Support » 3D Applications » Texture Image Partially Disappears from Preview
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Texture Image Partially Disappears from Preview [message #25789] Thu, 07 April 2011 21:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar jdoll  is currently offline jdoll
Go to my shop
I am attempting to use a texture image for color and text on a face of a box. In Blender I used the "project from view" method of UV unwrapping. This results in texture appearing properly on the desired face, and in mirror image when viewed from behind. (That's fine with me.)

When the model is uploaded in .x3d format along with the texture .jpg, the image is missing from most of the primary box face. It appears OK on sides of the box, at least those I can see in the preview.

When the model is uploaded in .wrl format, more of the image appears. However, about half of it is still missing from the primary face. Again, the sides appear OK.

Does anybody have an idea what might be causing the texture to be missing in some areas?

Also, it would be nice to verify that texture would show up properly from angles that are hidden in the Shapeways default preview. Is there any way to do this?
Re: Texture Image Partially Disappears from Preview [message #25803 is a reply to message #25789 ] Fri, 08 April 2011 07:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi jdoll,

can you please mail the model to bart@shapeways.com? I'll check it out for you.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Using Meshlab to paint model
Next Topic:Need help re colour files and ZBrush