Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25774] Thu, 07 April 2011 15:51 UTC Go to next message
Anonymous Coward
A few changes to the site were made today:

- Issues with multiple URLs referring to the same page have been fixed, so shpws.me links should work better, as should Facebook likes and shares.
- You can now upload profile avatars again.
- Removed all references to VAT for Americans, since they don't pay it.
- Fixed some issues with Twitter login which sped up the site a little.
- After you log in, you will now be returned to the page you were on, rather than sometimes being redirected elsewhere.
- API users can now be configured by us to not need to approve the Terms & Conditions for each model they upload through the API. If you are an API user and you want to use this feature, send an email to service@shapeways.com.
- Fixed a few miscellaneous graphical glitches.

Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25829 is a reply to message #25774 ] Fri, 08 April 2011 18:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hey admin_dan, you hear that? You can now upload profile avatars....

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25934 is a reply to message #25829 ] Mon, 11 April 2011 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Laughing

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26169 is a reply to message #25774 ] Mon, 18 April 2011 14:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey admin_dan

When hitting the Like button i get the Gold material picture on facebook.. instead of a picture of the model itself - meaning it probably attracts less traffic from Facebook to a model's page.

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26170 is a reply to message #26169 ] Mon, 18 April 2011 15:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
yep, I reported that problem too. When we share models, the image used doesn't show up as the image of our model.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26188 is a reply to message #26170 ] Tue, 19 April 2011 00:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi guys, thanks for mentioning it. We know. Currently we are working hard in balancing new features vs fixing these things. It *is* on the list to fix shortly. Pete

Previous Topic:Shapeways site update March 31st
Next Topic:Easter Holiday

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.