Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25774] Thu, 07 April 2011 15:51 UTC Go to next message
Anonymous Coward
A few changes to the site were made today:

- Issues with multiple URLs referring to the same page have been fixed, so shpws.me links should work better, as should Facebook likes and shares.
- You can now upload profile avatars again.
- Removed all references to VAT for Americans, since they don't pay it.
- Fixed some issues with Twitter login which sped up the site a little.
- After you log in, you will now be returned to the page you were on, rather than sometimes being redirected elsewhere.
- API users can now be configured by us to not need to approve the Terms & Conditions for each model they upload through the API. If you are an API user and you want to use this feature, send an email to service@shapeways.com.
- Fixed a few miscellaneous graphical glitches.

Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25829 is a reply to message #25774 ] Fri, 08 April 2011 18:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Hey admin_dan, you hear that? You can now upload profile avatars....

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #25934 is a reply to message #25829 ] Mon, 11 April 2011 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Laughing

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26169 is a reply to message #25774 ] Mon, 18 April 2011 14:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to all my models
Hey admin_dan

When hitting the Like button i get the Gold material picture on facebook.. instead of a picture of the model itself - meaning it probably attracts less traffic from Facebook to a model's page.

http://www.3Dizingof.com

Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26170 is a reply to message #26169 ] Mon, 18 April 2011 15:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
yep, I reported that problem too. When we share models, the image used doesn't show up as the image of our model.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Shapeways Site Update for April 7th, 2011 [message #26188 is a reply to message #26170 ] Tue, 19 April 2011 00:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys, thanks for mentioning it. We know. Currently we are working hard in balancing new features vs fixing these things. It *is* on the list to fix shortly. Pete

Previous Topic:Shapeways site update March 31st
Next Topic:Easter Holiday