Home » Community » General Discussion » ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24022] Fri, 18 February 2011 15:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
Rejection messages are getting weirder every day.

Would somebody please enlighten me on this alleged error ...
index.php?t=getfile&id=7193&private=0

• Attachment: 102452-1.jpg
    (Size: 169.28KB, Downloaded 290 time(s))

Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24024 is a reply to message #24022 ] Fri, 18 February 2011 16:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
do you know the name of the person that wrote you the email?

cause 2shells shouldn't be a problem, that can be fixed!

-

can you send me the stl?
i've got magics as wel,, so i can try to fix your file!
Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24029 is a reply to message #24024 ] Fri, 18 February 2011 16:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the offer, but I can certainly "fix" this myself.

Might be a junior who rejects pretty much everything he gets.

I am mostly concerned about the number of weird rejections that we received recently ("model has holes" and alike) and the unnecessary delays that is always causes. Another 4 days lost for b*llsh*t.

Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24033 is a reply to message #24029 ] Fri, 18 February 2011 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kaetemi  is currently offline Kaetemi
Go to my shop
2 shells means that your object consists of two seperate parts.
I've had a rejection mail on this "2 shells" once before as well, although normally they should accept that, since it's not really an error.

Kaetemi
Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24049 is a reply to message #24022 ] Sat, 19 February 2011 06:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
lol... aren't you the lucky one

http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/images/1842-shells-capture.jpg

That is the only 'error' in my model... and there is supposed to be 1842 shells as the design is a chain maille style piece... from what I have found out, the error kicks up due to a relationship between the number of shells and the number if triangles.

Your rejection image there, does look like operator confusion - Did you hit reply on your email and ask why?

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2011 06:39 UTC]

Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24069 is a reply to message #24049 ] Sat, 19 February 2011 20:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Ulrich,

I will help you out first thing Monday morning.
I need our 3D software for this Wink

As soon as i know more i will give you a proper solution!

Cheers Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #24131 is a reply to message #24069 ] Tue, 22 February 2011 06:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
Yeah, I mean... it would be great if someone explained to us why now sometimes multiple "shells" are treated like an error?

I mean, you can have separate or partially overlapping objects in your STL, right? As long as each "shell" is watertight - why would multiple shells be a problem?

Some objects can have hundreds of these - I certainly hope we don't have to boolean them together from now on - good luck with that.

meshmedic issue?
Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #25669 is a reply to message #24131 ] Tue, 05 April 2011 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
alienology wrote on Tue, 22 February 2011 06:10

Yeah, I mean... it would be great if someone explained to us why now sometimes multiple "shells" are treated like an error?
Another one today. Looks like operator confusion to me.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7973&private=0

• Attachment: 115816-1.jpg
    (Size: 260.90KB, Downloaded 231 time(s))

Re: ??? : Can not be printed : Multiple shells as seen on prints. [message #25689 is a reply to message #25669 ] Wed, 06 April 2011 09:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Ulrich,

Please have a look at the green circel t the bottom of the print screen. These are the shells thats neet to be fixed.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Saw dust
Next Topic:Printed Design Not to Scale and Proportion