Home » Community » General Discussion » confidentiality
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
confidentiality [message #25545] Fri, 01 April 2011 17:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar cjgrasso  is currently offline cjgrasso
Go to all my models
Hello. I couldn't find anything in the fine print regarding confidentiality in both the quoting and the printing process. Can I safely assume that by uploading a model to you guys that it will be kept secret? Thanks,

Chris
Re: confidentiality [message #25546 is a reply to message #25545 ] Fri, 01 April 2011 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
When you upload there is a drop down box where you can set your model to private so only you see what it is, how much it costs and all that.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: confidentiality [message #25547 is a reply to message #25546 ] Fri, 01 April 2011 18:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cjgrasso  is currently offline cjgrasso
Go to all my models
Thank you for the prompt response. I appreciate it.
Re: confidentiality [message #59456 is a reply to message #25546 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 01:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tampopo13  is currently offline tampopo13
Go to all my models
So just to be clear, if I upload a patentable design and have it printed can I expect confidentiality from Shapeways employees as well who are involved in the printing process? Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 January 2013 01:11 UTC]

Re: Confidentiality [message #59457 is a reply to message #59456 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 01:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
http://www.shapeways.com/terms_and_conditions
Quote:

You, as a designer, retain all your intellectual property rights in your 3D design, including without limitation any and derivative works like 3D renders. Except for the rights and licenses specified below, Shapeways shall not use, modify or display your 3D design or derivatives thereof
. . .

By uploading your 3D design to the Website, you grant Shapeways a non-exclusive, royalty free worldwide transferable license on your design
(i) to use it for the manufacturing of your model in order to fulfill your order;
and if you so indicate during the upload process:
(ii) to display it on the Shapeways Website;
(iii) to use and modify it for the manufacturing of your model in order to fulfill the order of any other Website user.

You can change the rights (ii) and (iii) via the model detail page of the 3D design at any time.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:can ldd models be uploaded on this site
Next Topic:Reduce material usage/cost

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.