Home » Community » It arrived! » Spring Flower
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spring Flower [message #25543] Fri, 01 April 2011 16:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It's Spring here in the UK... this 'Spring Flower' was inspired by daffodils growing in my garden.

http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/spring-flower/images/spring-flower-front-sml.jpg
Large image here
http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/spring-flower/images/spring-flower-side-on-sml.jpg
Large image here
http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/spring-flower/images/spring-flower-close-up-sml.jpg
Large image here

And it arrived in time for Mother's Day on Sunday Smile

Re: Spring Flower [message #25564 is a reply to message #25543 ] Sat, 02 April 2011 15:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Very nIce work! Can the petals be used like paperclips allowing you to insert signs or business cards in between them? It'd work great in a florist's shop.
Re: Spring Flower [message #25566 is a reply to message #25564 ] Sat, 02 April 2011 17:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks Smile

As it is the model is too top heavy with just one business card... but that can change, thanks for the idea Smile

Re: Spring Flower [message #25619 is a reply to message #25566 ] Mon, 04 April 2011 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@stop4stuff I like your use of SF here. Smile

The stem of the flower looks like it would be very springy. Is the material actually thick enough that the position stays fixed?

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Spring Flower [message #25626 is a reply to message #25619 ] Mon, 04 April 2011 20:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ana, check out the video... it rocks! Smile
Re: Spring Flower [message #25643 is a reply to message #25626 ] Tue, 05 April 2011 05:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Tthat's wild, Paul!

Find a screw or bolt that's the right diameter to cut its own threads into the inner walls of your 'stem' coil and screw it into the base. That should drastically lower the centre of gravity and keep it from toppling over.

It'd look cool as a business card holder with a card clipped in each 'petal'.
Re: Spring Flower [message #25662 is a reply to message #25626 ] Tue, 05 April 2011 15:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Yes, yes it does. Smile

Are you familiar with the ridiculous phenomenon known as dashboard bobble heads? Your Spring Flowers would make such a cool replacement!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Polo Slide by OSKAR
Next Topic:Cubic Trefoil Knot Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.