Home » Support » 3D Printing » model rejected due to ratio thickness/length
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25159] Wed, 23 March 2011 12:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I've had a model rejected with "ratio thickness/length" - see the attached pic.
index.php?t=getfile&id=7746&private=0
it's this model http://www.shapeways.com/model/220271/oo9_bogie_flat_with_st akes_and_ends___long_.html?gid=ug61704

OK I can see it's long and narrow but I've has similar things print before and I can't seem to find any guidelines as to what will or will not work.

Anybody point me to these?

One other minor point the rejection letter does not tell me in what material the model was ordered

Tom

• Attachment: 109822-1.JPG
    (Size: 36.25KB, Downloaded 264 time(s))

Re: model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25161 is a reply to message #25159 ] Wed, 23 March 2011 12:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm guessing they ordered in glass or stainless. They can't have long thin unsupported areas. But I'll see if we can't get more info.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25163 is a reply to message #25159 ] Wed, 23 March 2011 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I would have thought it was more likely to have been ordered in WSF or white detail.

There is also no trace of it being ordered in my order overview ?

Tom
Re: model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25165 is a reply to message #25159 ] Wed, 23 March 2011 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
WSF and detail shouldn't have been a problem. But I've forwarded this on to see what we can find out.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25227 is a reply to message #25165 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 09:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Tebee,

I have asked my colleagues at the production facility what you should do in order to have this model printed in White Strong and Flexible.

The bars are now 1.2mm thick. Due to the leverage effect these bars will break. These are just too thin. You will need to make them at least 2mm.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Cheers, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: model rejected due to ratio thickness/length [message #25234 is a reply to message #25227 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 15:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Why not add cut-away supports for the stakes?
index.php?t=getfile&id=7766&private=0
I've modified this file and added extra 0.7mm "sprues" at the centre of the posts: two of the posts on this model slightly twisted from lack of support.

Previous Topic:Best Keychain material
Next Topic:Print errors on bottom of WSF objects

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.