Home » Community » General Discussion » Unable to update "Not for Sale" models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Unable to update "Not for Sale" models [message #25211] Thu, 24 March 2011 03:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar CGD is currently online CGD
Go to my shop
I discovered that if you get models marked as "Not for Sale" by Shapeways because of print error such as thin material, if you try to update the model to newer versions, you can't.

You will get this message:
"Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product. "

You have to upload your model again as a new model to make it work.

Try that many times.
Re: Unable to update "Not for Sale" models [message #25215 is a reply to message #25211 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 04:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That sounds more like your units are incorrect, such as picking Meters for a model designed in Millimeters.

It should have nothing to do with whether the model is for sale or not.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 March 2011 04:52 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Unable to update "Not for Sale" models [message #25216 is a reply to message #25215 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 04:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No, I make sure I selected millimeter all the time.

I am definitely not stupid enough to select meters for all the "not for sale" model but select millimeter for the new models. Laughing
Re: Unable to update "Not for Sale" models [message #25217 is a reply to message #25216 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 04:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No offense meant.

What format is the file? STL, WRL..?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Unable to update "Not for Sale" models [message #25219 is a reply to message #25217 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 04:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No problem.

The files are zipped STL
and the reason is ... [message #25221 is a reply to message #25219 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 06:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
When your order was cancelled, they also removed your chosen material from the list. Check the list of excluded materials and re-add it before upload.

It makes no sense but they still do it. Don't ask whether I find that annoying.

Re: and the reason is ... [message #25223 is a reply to message #25221 ] Thu, 24 March 2011 06:29 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
trompevenlo wrote on Thu, 24 March 2011 06:26

When your order was cancelled, they also removed your chosen material from the list. Check the list of excluded materials and re-add it before upload.

It makes no sense but they still do it. Don't ask whether I find that annoying.

I don't realize that. That's probably why. If they removed WSF, no other material can print, of course.

Previous Topic:Average price of a sale per item.
Next Topic:About to structural give on on 3D printing here.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.