Home » Support » 3D Applications » Resizing Quandry
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Resizing Quandry [message #25106] Mon, 21 March 2011 22:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar theclonefactory  is currently offline theclonefactory
Go to my shop
OK, I have read over all the info for resizing and have succesfully completed two models. I just want to understand what the hell is going on.

I designed 2 models in sketchup using a scale quotient of 10. That is to say that my 2 models are sized 435.2 mm and 232.2 mm respectively, but the final size should be 43.52 mm and 23.22 mm.

Anyway, I exported the models into collada then used meshlab to export into stl.

I then used accutrans to do a final resize and export back into collada. The scale factors make no sence to me.

After going through all of the importing and exporting I had to resize my models by a scale of approxiamately .002. One was 0.0025415 and the other was 0.00251 to get he desired final size that I explained above.

What the hell is going on?

If i started with the same scale and used the same processes why were the final scaling quotients different?
Re: Resizing Quandry [message #25113 is a reply to message #25106 ] Tue, 22 March 2011 08:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
A size factor of 0.0025415 suggests that you have selected inches somewhere down the line. Did you select 'mm' as the size unit when uploading the STL?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Material/texture missing from part of my mesh
Next Topic:Autodesk Inventor Export to .stl