Home » Community » It arrived! » Pottery stamp
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pottery stamp [message #25092] Mon, 21 March 2011 18:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar jadler  is currently offline jadler
Go to my shop
A co-worker does pottery in her spare time, and I think she is quite good at it. She wants to put her logo/signature on her work, so she wrote it on a piece of paper for me. I scanned it and vectorized it in Inkscape. A bit of work in Blender and help from Shapeways made it real.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7701&private=0

The signature itself is about 10 mm high, the whole thing is 27 mm long. I realized later that the shaft ought to have a better connection to the stamp head, but I think it will keep together. On the other hand, it cost almost nothing (stainless steel, less than $6.00), so I could easily make her another one, and hopefully one for me too.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7702&private=0

Re: Pottery stamp [message #25093 is a reply to message #25092 ] Mon, 21 March 2011 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very interesting concept.. I know that there are (were) people who collected cattle brands (and branding irons) from the large ranches back in the 'cowboy' days... perhaps this could be turned into something to enhance those displays.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Pottery stamp [message #25101 is a reply to message #25092 ] Mon, 21 March 2011 21:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I like the fact that it is her handwritten signature transformed into stainless steel. Smile

The signature part of the stamp is rather deep, making it possible to sharpen or smoothen it as needed over the years.
Re: Pottery stamp [message #25132 is a reply to message #25092 ] Tue, 22 March 2011 16:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
My own version of the stamp, not yet ordered, can be seen here. (It is for my personal use, so not available for ordering, but I gladly share the idea and the concept.)

This one has a more robust shaft shaped like a cross or an "+", widening to stamp head size at the front.

Previous Topic:Square Maille - Flat N
Next Topic:First Shapeways Model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.